Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Here on the Pochuck Mountain I heard the first" I wish it was snowing." from one of the family. Surprising as the one who uttered this is the one who has to remove all the fluffy white stuff. But alas, he has had enough of the heat, humidity and well with all the rain , he has had enough of the muck. He said " I wish everything was frozen solid"

So while he dreams of frozen muck, I have to admit my yankee blood is wishing for knitted sweaters and sleigh riding. I have been getting my fiber fix with this homespun. I spun this on a drop spindle, than plyed it on my Kiwi.

Today I was needle felting this little gnome and redcap. Little Paula and I went for a walk up in the woods found many real redcaps. So beautiful. I wish we had a camera.

This is some homespun alpaca with little pink seed beads. Its really soft. I had no idea how soft alpaca is.

This is a collar I knitted. Little Paula didnt like the big curl on the front. What can I say. I just love curls on the yarn. She said if I take off the curl, she will wear it. WELL! Take off the curl........NEVER!

EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER ; P

No comments:

Post a Comment