Monday, February 4, 2013

 What do you do when someone is so depressed and sad, that they just give up? I realize that you have to work at getting better. But what if you cant? And everyone thinks you just should and could. But you cant? I havent talked to him in a few weeks. I dont know what else to say. I hear him everyday though.  Both of my sons have his exact voice and many of his mannerism. Its really uncanny.
 My brother has known alot of trouble in his nearly fifty years on planet earth. He is kind and talented. He is also alone. Consumed with depression.  He misses his ex girlfriend and the life they had together. He was with her  when she delivered her little girl. He cut the cord. He finally fell in love with life.
 This is Dave and me with my first grandchild, three years ago.
 This is "his little sweetie" three years ago. They have been gone for more than two and he is still devastated.
Look at him admiring her tiny little fingers. He really misses being a father. And has quit living, while he is still alive. Pray for him. He needs it. Pray he finds purpose and joy amongst the living again. I fear if it doesnt happen soon something more awful will befall him. Mental illness is so unkind. It robs, steals, and destroys.....hummm I have heard that description before. Pray for strength for him to turn to the One who can help. Im praying for you Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment