Wednesday, February 13, 2013

 Happy Saint Valentine's Day! I was reading on a Catholic church site to remember the Saint on the day. The world just celebrates love and chocolate. I suppose it could depress you if you werent being loved on the day. So remember Jesus Christ loves you and while the world exchanges chocolate, he still gives the gift of eternal life.
 We have been snowed in a bit. I made this little Waldorf doll and used a old turtle neck for the body. Worn by more than one of my girlies when they were little. I love how her little wings came out. They are just the sleeves of the shirt magically turned into wings. She is soooooooo soft. She is stuffed with sheep wool. She reminds me of Valerie Rose's (who just happens to have a birthday every Saint Valentines day) favorite little doll. Remember Smooshy? Oh, I do.
 This is a wool picture Ive been working on. Its hard to know when to stop because its so relaxing doing needle felting. And I have definitely been needing to relax. I dont know what the problem is but the next photo is more representative of how I feel.
 This is an old double paned window. I dont know what happened. I will however have plenty of time to contemplate the problem as it is my kitchen window and I spend many hours looking out of it at my bird feeding station. Thankfully there is another window next to it.
 It is broken on the inside. Which is how I feel sometimes. Ok on the outside, but really sad for the troubles of our times. What kind of world are we leaving our children?
 Complicated, sharp edged.......too much.  My oldest son came to visit and was telling me he was playing with his three year old. Making a snowman and these little kids came right up on top of them and said "Lets kick its head in"  What kind of thing is that to say to a Daddy playing with his little girl? What kind of thing is that to think as a child. He said there where no other parents out playing in the snow. Of course when he shooed them away, they ran and told on him. So the parents will come out to fight? but not play? Im so thankful that they play with their children. We had hard times, but we laughed, and worked and played.
 Its sad the children were so nasty, because if they just smiled at him, he would have been out there playing with them all. I remember all the children playing together when they were little, till the play got nasty and mine just came home. Remember " Home is where your story starts"
 Well onto my frozen feet. Kevin was nice enough to get me new muck boots for the spring. They make great lift your feet off the cold floor slippers. So I have been clomping around the house in these.

 Heres to a childhood filled to the window with lovely story books. Maybe thats the problem too. It takes effort to find lovely things to give them to read. Thats the window doubleing as a book shelf   : )
 Uncle Caleb made you this snowman Jannibelle. See his moss feet?
 Then there are kids who just bless us with their kindness and thoughtfulness. Cody made me this walking stick.  He wood burned a lovely Bible verse down the whole length of it. Un-School talent abounds. The whole family was so blessed at his kindness." So shines a good deed in weary world"....Willy Wonka : )
 Walk on , snow me, gno-me  LOVING YOU ALL!  This Saint Valentines Day!!!!!!!!
And do try to keep your head on.................Im praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment